Saturday, November 12, 2005

Watch Out for That.....

The traffic in Beijing is nothing like I have ever seen. There are cars, buses, bicycles, mopeds, scooters and vehicles which defy description. They all melt together into traffic and perform a unrehearsed ballet that somehow, and I do not know how, keeps them from smashing into each other. They literally come within inches of each other and manage everytime to avoid crashing. I found myself bracing for several wrecks that never occured.

There are 16 million people in Beijing and I think we saw every one of them today. I mean there are people and more people everywhere one looks.

We toured the Great Wall today, road in a rickshaw and visited a Hutong neighborhood. The Great Wall was steep and had very uneven steps, the richshaw was fun, and the Hutong neighborhood was very insightful into the way some of the Chinese people live. It was all exhausting and MaCayla has fallen asleep again at 6pm.

Good news! We will get an updated picture of Hannah on Sunday at 9am. I will take a picture of the picture and post it here around noon Beijing time, so when you wake up Sunday morning you can see the latest picture of Hannah. We are very excited to get an updated picture eventhough we will have her the next day. Stay tuned!

No comments: